SSC Stenographer Previous Year Exam Analysis: Staff Selection Commission conducted the examination for SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Recruitment in the month of July 2016. A large number of aspirants applied and appeared for the examination which was held at various examination centres in two slots on 31st July 2016. This article will primarily focus on SSC Stenographer Previous Year Exam Analysis, with a detailed section-wise review of the paper.
If you are preparing for the upcoming SSC Stenographer Examination, we recommend you to go through the entire paper review thoroughly.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing for Paper-I will have to appear for Computer Based Test (CBT). The Objective examination will consist of 200 Questions divided into 3 sections i.e. English, Reasoning and General Awareness of 200 marks. English section will consist of 100 Questions whereas rest sections will comprise 50 Questions each.
SSC Stenographer Previous Year Exam Analysis, Section-Wise Difficulty Level
As explained above, there were 3 sections in SSC Steno Examination. The overall difficulty level of SSC Stenographer exam 2016 was Moderate, with the majority of questions being a bit of a task to solve. But, there were a few easy ones too. Let us elaborate further by analyzing each section of SSC Stenographer 2016.
1. SSC Stenographer Exam Analysis: Reasoning Ability (Easy)
The Reasoning section was easy and one of the scoring section of the paper. Most of the Questions were on Analogy, Odd One Out, Series, Visual Reasoning & Mixed Questions.
Keeping in mind the previous year exam analysis, Here are a few tips which will help you prepare for Reasoning Ability for the upcoming SSC Steno 2017 Exam.
- Do not waste time on a single question.
- Note down the data and make separate diagrams for seating arrangement topic.
- Attempt easier questions first, try to start with your favourite topic.
- Apply blood relation question on your family structure. This will make things clear to you.
- A single Question that seems to be unsolvable within 1 min is of no use. Do not stick to a particular question. Do not try a question more than two times. It will definitely kill your time and will lower down your confidence.
- Do not get nervous if the level of exam is high. Overall cut off will be published in accordance with the level of the exam.
2. SSC Stenographer Exam Analysis: English Language (Moderate)
This section was moderate. This section had a majority of questions on Vocabulary & Grammar. In Vocabulary, questions were on Antonyms, Synonyms, Idioms, One word. In Grammar, questions of Spotting the Error, Sentence Correction and Fill in the Blanks. This is the most important and focused section as always.
Keeping in mind the previous year exam analysis, Here are a few tips which will help you prepare for English Language Section of SSC Stenographer 2017 Exam.
- Read Newspaper Daily. This is the best habit you can inculcate in your daily study routine, which will help in your preparation for various competitive exams.
- Dedicate time to each topic one by one and keep switching topics as well so that you don’t get bored with one subject.
- Use 1 hour daily for mugging up Antonyms, Synonyms, One Word Substitution, Analogy etc.
- Read Grammar Basics. This will help you in overcoming silly mistakes and will be beneficial in the long run.
3. SSC Stenographer Exam Analysis: General Awareness (Moderate)
This section was moderate. Special focus was given to static portion but some National current affairs were also there in the paper. Questions asked are as follows:
- General Science
- Static GK
- Current Affairs
Keeping in mind the previous year exam analysis, Here are a few important points to keep in mind:
- Read at least one newspaper daily, as it will help in both GK and English Sectional Preparation.
- Solve the Previous Year’s Question Paper of SSC Stenographer as it helps one to know the type of questions asked and the difficulty level.
- Follow at least one site for Daily Updates on GK and Current affairs.
Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2017.
Here we end up our article on SSC Stenographer Previous Year Exam Analysis, Section-Wise Difficulty Level. Needless to say, we will keep you posted on further articles.