Tips to Crack SSC MTS 2016-17: Staff Selection Commission will conduct a competitive examination for recruitment of the candidates for the post of Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff, Group “C” Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Offices, in different States/ Union Territories. The Re-examination of SSC MTS 2016 (Paper-I) will be held from 16 September to 26 October 2017
SSC MultiTasking Staff examination is just a few weeks away. It is always better to utilize time in an optimized manner in order to get better results. Today, we are going to provide you section-wise important topic along with the tips & tricks to crack SSC MTS Exam 2017.
Crack SSC MTS 2016-17: Section-Wise Preparation tips
As we all know that, the new online computer based test (CBT) for SSC MTS 2016-17 exam will be conducted in objective MCQ pattern. Also, this test would be of 90 minutes duration consisting of 4 sections- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & General Awareness. The total number of questions have also been reduced to 100 from 150.
Keeping in mind the new exam pattern, here are some section-wise preparation tips along with the important topics for each category. Follow the below-mentioned steps to ace SSC MTS 2016-17. Let us initiate the blog by providing you the important topics for General Awareness Section.
Important Topics for SSC MTS General Awareness
The total number of questions from GK section has been reduced to 25 from 50. The General Awareness Section plays a very important role, mostly due to the fact that it is very scoring. For a well prepared SSC candidate, it will take less than 2 seconds to answer the questions in the written examination. Here are some important topics which can help you ace in exams:
- Indian History
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology)
Now let’s move further with SSC MTS General Awareness tips & tricks.
Tips & Tricks to Attempt General Awareness Questions
- Focus more on static Portion.
- Read Current Affairs from last 1 month only.
- Try to cover the rest of Indian History (Medieval and Modern), Indian Geography (Physical), Terms and Theories of Economy, Polity, and Basics of Constitution.
- From the analysis of previous years question paper, it has been observed that most GA questions are repeated and the same questions have been asked in different types. Solving previous years question paper & Mock Tests would prove to be beneficial.
- Try to dedicate some time for revising what you’ve learned.
Follow the above preparation tips to attempt General Awareness questions and ace in upcoming SSC MTS Exam. Let us move to our next topic i.e English language section
Important Topics for SSC MTS English Language Section
Similiar to GK section, the total number of questions from English section has been reduced to 25 from 50. Here are some important topics which can help you ace in exams:
- Antonym and Synonym
- Active Passive
- Error Detection
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blank
- Sentence Improvement
- One word substitution
Now let’s move further with SSC MTS English language tips & tricks.
Tips & Tricks to Attempt English Language Questions
It is necessary that you follow all these study tactics and tips in order to strengthen your overall prowess over English Language Section. Here we are providing some tips for SSC MTS English preparing for staff selection commission:
- Concentrate on study and practice Vocabulary & Grammar, Sentence structure, synonyms etc.
- Practice on reading comprehension is helpful.
- Improve your vocabulary by reading a newspaper, you would come across many new words. Application of these words in a sentence can be learnt by reading news papers.
- Try to maintain class notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them.
- As you all know, Time Management is the important factor of every competitive examination. Therefore, you need to work on your speed. For solving questions at a faster pace, you have to test yourself on a daily basis by practice Mock Test and Assessments.
- Hard Work is essential for cracking SSC MTS, but smart work trumps everything. Make sure you are putting your best foot forward.
Follow the above preparation tips to attempt English language questions and ace in upcoming SSC MTS Exam. Let us move to our next topic i.e Numerical Aptitude Section
Important Topics for SSC MTS Numerical Aptitude
Here are some important topics which can help you ace in exams. Scroll down for important Maths topics:
- Mixture & Alligation
- Ratio & Proportion
- Profit Loss and Discount
- Simple Interest/ Compound Interest
- Problem on Ages
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- 2-D Mensuration
Now let’s move further with SSC MTS numerical aptitude tips & tricks.
Tips & Tricks to Attempt Numerical Aptitude Questions
It is necessary that you follow all these study tactics and tips in order to strengthen your overall prowess over Quantitative Aptitude Section.
As you all know, Time Management is the important factor of any competitive exams. Therefore, you do not have much time to spend on calculations. For doing fast calculations, you should remember tables, square, cubes and square roots.
When you start your preparation, do not try to solve questions by shortcut methods. You should memorize all the basic theories and formulas of all the chapters. If your basics are not clear, you may not be able to solve questions.
Create Summary Notes
Make a concise version of your revision notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them. You can identify key terms and concepts by paying attention to what has been emphasized in the course syllabus.
Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics. Try to devote at least three hours for Quant practice on daily basis.
Practice and Practice
Once you are done with basics, practice as much as you can with sample questions of previous years. Attempting Mock test will help
Use of Shortcut Methods in the Right Way
Remembering short tricks in the Quant section can be a lifeline and a time saver for any competitive exam. This section can turn out to be easy for you to attempt , if you apply short tricks in the right way.
Follow the above preparation tips to attempt Maths questions and ace in upcoming SSC MTS Exam 2017. Let us move to our next topic i.e Reasoning section
Important Topics for SSC MTS for Reasoning Section
- Similarities and differences
- Space visualization
- Analysis and judgment
- Decision making and visual memory
- Problem solving
- Discriminating observation
- Relationship concepts
- Figure classification
- Relationship concepts
- Figure classification
Now let’s move further with SSC MTS General Intelligence important tips & tricks.
Tips & Tricks to Attempt General Intelligence Questions
SSC MTS Reasoning section will be quite easier than other section. Sufficient practice and hard work in this section can make you score well and grab a lead in overall marks.
- Do not waste time on a single question. Leave the question which you are not able to solve. Meanwhile try to attempt other questions to save time and score more.
- You can tear a small piece of paper and apply given theory while solving either Folding paper or Mirror formation type questions.
- Try to practice and focus more on our upper given table on expected list of questions from each topic in SSC MTS Reasoning 2016-17.
- Try to start with your favourite topic and attempt easier questions first.
- Apply blood relation question on your family structure. This will make things clear to you.
- Do not stick to a particular question. Doing so will kill your time and will lower down your confidence.
- SSC MTS Reasoning section is quite easier than the other sections. Hence, candidates are adviced to practice SSC MTS Reasoning section as much as they can to score well and grab overall lead.
Here we conclude our article on Tips to Crack SSC MTS 2016-17 in First Attempt!
SSC MTS Mock Tests: Try it for FREE!!