Top 5 Government Jobs after 12th: Recently, CBSE announced the Date sheet of the 12th standard CBSE Board exams. Many of the students must have been busy in gulping the theories and formulas of different subjects but there is another fraternity comprising of students who are interested in looking up for government job opportunities after completion of their 12th standard exams.
Many students want to start their career after completing 12th class exams. If you are one of them, this is the right place for you! Read here the top 5 government jobs you can take up after you complete your 12th class.
Top 5 Government Jobs You May Want to Apply For
So, here we are with a list of the top 5 government jobs in India that you may want to apply for. Let’s go through and figure out which is the best suitable recruitment exam as per your interest.
1. SSC CHSL
Staff Selection Commission holds Combined Higher Secondary Level recruitment examination to recruit candidates for various posts like DEO, LDC, Assistant and Court Clerks. We will be discussing the work and responsibilities of SSC CHSL profile in the pointers given below:
SSC CHSL Lower Division Clerk
- SSC CHSL LDC is an entry level post. SSC CHSL LDC is expected to take care of basic and daily office work so as to maintain the flow of work in the office.
- SSC CHSL LDC is hired to maintain data, office files, documents etc. with the highest efficiency.
- LDC’s are supposed to get important files and documents for their seniors and get all the documents back to the senior on time.
- SSC CHSL LDC has to make salary slips of the staff and seniors working in various departments.
SSC CHSL Data Entry Operator
- SSC CHSL DEO may write letters and do work related to SSC CHSL LDC in their absence at the office.The work of LDC is to fetch data from the library of information and serve them to the officer on time.
- SSC CHSL DEO scans through all the necessary information, tables and the structure of the company and mix them together to prepare a proper database for the company in a detailed way.
- From the details of the company to its products, clients and sales reports, SSC CHSL DEO maintains all the necessary records.
- SSC CHSL DEO is responsible for typing all important data through the computer and feed it into the company’s database.
SSC CHSL (10+2) Assistant
- For the post of SSC CHSL Postal Assistants in post offices, one has to sit in the counter and help people in either speed post or other related works. Basically, Portal Assistant job includes direct interaction and dealing with the public.
- If a candidate is shortlisted as Postal Assistant in circle/ regional offices, he/she has to deal with the file work. Postal Assistant in Circle/Regional Offices (PACO/RO) will not be dealing directly with the customers.
- If a candidate is shortlisted as Postal Assistant in returned letter offices, he/she has to deal with the emails which are left undelivered. PARLO (Postal Assistant in Returned Letter offices) has to make efforts to locate the address or send it back ton the sender.
- If a candidate is shortlisted as PAFPO (Postal Assistant in Foreign Post Organization), he/she has to deal with the foreign articles transmission.
Let us move to our NEXT Government job i.e SSC MTS
2. SSC MTS
For all those with just minimum education, SSC MTS is a good chance to apply for govt jobs in India.It is conducted to fill multi-tasking staff (MTS) vacancies in various ministries & departments of the central government
SSC MTS Job Profile
Staff Selection Commission holds Multitasking staff examination to recruit candidates for various posts like posts of Peon, Daftary, Jamadar, Junior Gestetner Operator, Farash, Chowkidar, Safaiwala, Mali etc.
- Office Cleanliness and keeping up with the sectional unit
- Photocopies and sending FAXs and etc.
- Watchman or ward duties.
- Opening & Closing rooms.
- Cleaning of Building.
- Driving of Vehicles in case if you have a Driving license.
- Posts delivering
- Upkeep of parks, lawns, potted plants etc.
- Physical maintenance of records of the section.
- Paper and less carrying to the several related departments.
- Work related to the qualifications in case if you hold an ITI diploma or related.
- Helping in daily office work, including dispatch & computer replacements.
- All work assigned by the superior authority that falls under his criteria.
Let us move to our NEXT Government job i.e Indian Army
3. Indian Army
If you have the rage for doing something for your country, this is the time when you can consider taking up a job in the Indian Army. If you have scored minimum 50% aggregate marks in your 12th standard, you are eligible to go ahead and apply for various positions in the Indian Army viz. Soldier (Technical), Soldier (Clerk), Nursing Assistant, and others. The various positions students can opt for are:
- Technical Entry Scheme (TES) and Soldiers- Male candidates
- Mahila Constables (General Duty)
- Junior Commissioned Officers (Catering)
Indian Army Job Profile
- Planning maneuvers, assigning duties and communicating effectively with other staff
- Commanding, training and leading subordinate personnel
- Monitoring the welfare and progress of new recruits
- Operating and maintaining warfare systems, equipment, and vehicles
- Taking on specialist duties and skills such as engineering, air traffic control, training and administration
- Producing briefings, reports, and presentations
- Distributing equipment, resources, and manpower
Let us move to our NEXT Government job i.e SSC Stenographer Grade C & D
4. SSC Stenographer Exam (Grade C & D)
The Staff Selection Commission or SSC conducts this exam for the post of Stenographers (Grade C and D). The job profile of a stenographer comprises of speech writings, press conference briefings handling public relations, etc. It will help you a lot later in many exams.
There are two different posts you can get by giving SSC Stenographer Exam:
- SSC Stenographer Grade C: Candidates get work mostly in Delhi at Ministries/ Departments of Central Government
- SSC Stenographer Grade D: Candidates are grouped under Group X and Group Y. In Group X, Stenographers work in Departments of Central Government located primarily in Delhi. In Group Y, Stenographers work in Departments of Central Government located throughout India.
There are also specific duties that SSC Stenographers have. These duties make up the job of Stenographers in Central Government. The SSC Stenographer Work Profile Duties are:
- Speech Writing
- Public Relations Helping
- Press Conference Briefing
- Minister/Officer Assisting
Let us move to our NEXT Government job i.e Police Constable
5. Police Constable
Another coveted job that you may want to apply for post passing your 12th standard exams is that of a Delhi Police Constable. The age limit is 18 – 30 years and the selection procedure comprises of a number of phases which include Physical Standard Test, Physical Efficiency Test, Written Examination, and a Personal Interview. Here are the details of work of the constable in the Police Department:
- Field Duties
- Assistant to the Investigating Officer
- Duty of Guarding
So inspire yourself and get a government job in your hands today. The selection process is tough but once you get selected it’s a reward for being successful and it’s going to stay with you for decades.
Stay connected for more information regarding Best Government Jobs 2017. To excel in Engineering Exams, download the Best Government Exam Preparation App for free.