UP TGT/ PGT Eligibility & Selection Procedure 2016: U.P. Secondary Education Service Selection Board will be conducting UP TGT/ PGT Recruitment Examination 2016. UPSESSB is responsible for organising this state-level teacher recruitment exam. The board has now issued an official notification to invite all the interested male and female candidates to apply for the posts of Trained Graduate Teacher and Post Graduate Teacher. This is a great opportunity for all the candidates who wish to have a career in the teaching field.
The candidates can apply by filling an online application form. The dates for the online application are already out. In this article, we are going to discuss the basic eligibility criteria and the procedure to apply for UP TGT/ PGT Recruitment 2016.
UP TGT/ PGT Eligibility Criteria 2016
Before applying for the UP TGT/ PGT Recruitment Exam 2016, you need to read the UP TGT/ PGT Eligibility Criteria and basic requirements very carefully that you will
Age limit: 21-60 years (There is relaxation in age limit rules as per government norms).
Nationality : A candidate for direct recruitment to the post of a teacher must be
- a citizen of India; or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st day of January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India; or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or any of the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda and the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar) with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Physical Fitness: No candidate shall be eligible for appointment to the post of a teacher unless he be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of his duties.
- For PGT: Candidates must have a Post-Graduation Degree in a relevant subject.
- For TGT: Candidates must possess a Graduation Degree in a relevant subject and B.Ed/BTC or any other training certificate.
In addition to this, the educational qualification for the candidate varies for every subject. So, in order to throw some a light on that, let us discuss the subjects and the related qualification that is required.
For Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT)
|Hindi||Graduate with Hindi and Sanskrit as main subjects|
|Sanskrit||Graduate or Shastri Acharya from Sampuranand Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya|
|Urdu, Agriculture, Commerce, English||Graduate in the concerned subject|
|Science||B.Sc with physics and chemistry as main subjects|
|Biology||B.Sc with Botany and Zoology as main subjects|
|Math||B.A, B.Sc in Math|
|Home Science, Music, Music Recital, Music Vocal, Physical Education, Stitching||Eligibility Criteria according to Intermediate Education Act, 1921|
|Social Science||Graduate with any of two subjects out of Political Science, Geography, Economics, History|
|Art||Intermediate with subject Pravidhik Kala|
For Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)
|Hindi||MA Hindi or Sanskrit with B.A or Shastri Exam/ Exam qualified for Rajkiya Sanskrit College Varanasi/ SampuranandVishwavidyalaya|
|Physics||M.Sc or PG diploma in concerned subject with B.Sc|
|Chemistry||M.Sc or B.Sc Hons., Bio Chemistry|
|Biology||M.Sc Botany/ Zoology or PG Diploma|
|Economics||M.Com, B.Com with Economics|
|Home Science||PG in Home Economics|
|Art||PG in drawing|
|Military Science||M.Sc in Military science or MA|
|Logic||MA Philosophy, BA Hons. With Philosophy and Reasoning MA|
|Pali||MA in Pali|
UP TGT/ PGT Selection Process 2016
The Selection Process for the post of Lecturer and Trained Graduate Teacher is completed in 3 stages.
- Written Examination: It is a state level exam which consists of one question paper for TGT and one for PGT. Questions will be related to the subject that you have selected in the application form. The questions will be objective type i.e multiple choice questions.
- Special Qualification
- Personal Interview Test
The total marks for the examination are divided in the following manner
- 85% in the Written Examination (both for TGT and PGT).
- 10% in the Personal Interview.
- 5% for Special Qualification (PHd/ M.Phil- 2%, M.Ed-2%, B.Ed-1%).
Stay connected for more information regarding UP TGT/ PGT Recruitment Examination 2016. To excel in Teaching Exams, download the Best UP TGT/ PGT Preparation App for free.
If you have any doubts or queries, please post them in the comment section below. For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.