UPPSC Prelims Syllabus Exam Pattern & Structure 2017: Yesterday, Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission, also known as UPPSC officially released UPPSC Recruitment 2017 notification for Combined state/ Upper subordinate services examination. UPPSC has announced 251 vacancies for Combined Service posts all over the state for the year 2017. UPPSC Application process has begun and the last date to submit online application is 27 March, 2017. So, if you are interested in applying for UPPSC recruitment 2017, you need to submit your application form through official portal.
To make aspirants aware of the exam structure, we are going to share UPPSC Prelims Syllabus Exam Pattern & Structure of the upcoming examination.
UPPSC Prelims Syllabus Exam Pattern 2017
Let us go through Exam pattern & structure of the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission Examination.
UPPSC Prelims competitive examination comprise three successive stages viz :
- Preliminary Examination (Objective Type & Multiple choice)
- Main Examination (Conventional Type, i.e. Written examination)
- Viva- Voce (Personality Test).
UPPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2017
The Preliminary examination will consist of two compulsory papers. Candidates have to print their answers on OMR sheets. The papers will carry 200 marks each and the total duration to solve the said exams is two hours. Both the papers will carry objective Type MCQ format.
|General Studies Paper I||200|
|General Studies Paper II||200|
- Paper-II of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- It is mandatory for the Candidates to appear in both the papers of Preliminary Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he does not appear in both in papers.
- The merit of the Candidates will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in Paper-I of the Preliminary Examination.
General studies Paper I & Paper II :
The papers shall be 200 marks each and of two hours duration. Both the papers shall be objective Type & multiple choice in which there shall be 150-100 questions Respectively. The timing of paper I will be from 9.30 to 11.30 A.M. and paper II from 2.30 to 4.30 P.M.
UPPSC Prelims Syllabus 2017
Let us move to the second phase of our article i.e UPPSC Prelims Syllabus 2017. Scroll down to know UPPSC Syllabus in detail.
General Studies PAPER I (200 Marks)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and governance – Constitution , Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
General Studies PAPER II (200 Marks)
- Comprehension Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability.
- Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
Current events of national and international importance: On Current Events of National and International importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
History of India and Indian National Movement: In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
Indian and world Geography (Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World): In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and Governance (Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc): In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development (Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc): The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanisation. General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization. General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
General Science: Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
Note: Candidate are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level
Arithmetic: (i) Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship. Average (iii) Ratio and proportion (iv) Percentage (v) Profit and Loss (vi) Simple and Compound interests (vii) Work and Time. (viii) Speed, Time and Distance
Algebra: (i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations. (ii) Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
Geometry: (i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area. (ii) Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
Statistics: Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives), Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
General English upto Class X level
- Active Voice and Passive Voice.
- Parts of Speech.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
- Punctuation and Spellings.
- Words Meanings.
- Vocabulary & usage.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Fill in the Blanks
General Hindi upto Class X level
- हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
मुहावरें एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
तत्सम एवं तदभव देशज विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुधियां
उत्तर प्रदेश के मुख्य बोलियाँ
शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ
Here we conclude our article on UPPSC Prelims Syllabus Exam Pattern 2017. Candidates who will be appearing for UPPSC 2017 can go through the above mentioned UPPSC syllabus exam pattern 2017.