UPSC CSE 2018 Application Link Active: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has started the registration for the Civil Services preliminary examination 2018 on February 7. The last date to submit the application form is March 6 and the prelims will be held on 3rd June 2018.
As promised, we are going to release this article which will mainly focus on the steps required to submit UPSC CSE Application form online. Scroll down for step-wise precise information on How to Apply for UPSC CSE Recruitment.
UPSC CSE 2018 Application Link: How to Apply
The candidates must have to pay Rs.100/- (for general category male candidates) and SC/ST/PWD/Female candidates do not have to pay the application fee.
Follow these steps carefully to submit UPSC CSE Application Form Online:
- Before applying, the candidates must have a valid e-mail as well as scanned copies of photograph and signature ready to go.
- Begin by Logging on the Official Website upsconline.nic.in or click on the below-given image for UPSC CSE Online Application Link:
The filling of online application contains two parts:
- In Part I registration, candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, candidate will be prompted to check the details and make correction, if any, in the application.
- Part-II Registration consists of following Stages:
- Filling up Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination centre, uploading of Photograph and Signature and agreeing to declaration.
Registration of Part-I & Part-II will be treated as valid from 1200 noon of 07-02-2018 to 1800 hrs of 06-03-2018 and applicants making force entry outside the above timings will be treated as invaild. must press “I agree” button after he /she finds that information supplied by him /her is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification shall be allowed.
- When “I agree” button is pressed, a page with Registration No. will be generated. Please note down registration number or take a print out of the page. The application is incomplete without payment , selection of centre, uploading of scanned photograph & signature and agreed for declaration.
- Scanned photograph should be in JPG format. The digital size of file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 3 kb and resolution 140 pixel height by 110 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Then upload your scanned signature in JPG format. The digital size of each file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 1 kb and resolution 110 pixel height by 140 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit. Visit the link for reference (https://imageresize.org/)
Want to improve further? Try IAS Prelims FREE Mock Test:
NOTE: Candidates using MS Window/MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in JPG format not exceeding 40KB by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature (scan at 200 dpi) in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 40KB by using crop and then resize option in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also
- Candidates can pay application fee online through SBI net banking or by cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card.
- To pay fee in cash, candidate should take printout of challan generated online after completion of registration. Candidate may go to nearest SBI branch for depositing fee after 24 hours of generation of challan. “Pay by cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 05-03-2018 i.e. one day before the closing date. however, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-slip before it is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date.
- Those who want to pay online through SBI portal can go directly during submission of online form.
- Those who are exempted from payment of fee can skip steps 13 to 15.
- On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email will be sent on your registered email-id. In case email is not received by you please check / ensure that submission of Part-II of the Application has been made by you.
- Candidates with less than 40% disability will not be considered for any relaxation which are applicable to PH candidates and are required to pay fee if not exempted under the rules.
Here we conclude our article on UPSC CSE 2018 Application Link Active 2018. Stay connected for more information regarding UPSC Civil Services Exam Recruitment 2018. To excel in Civil Services Examination, download the Best IAS Exam Preparation App for free.