UPSC IAS Mains GS Paper 1 Analysis (5th December 2016): UPSC IAS Civil Services Examination is regarded as one of the most challenging papers of the country. Millions of aspirants appear for the Civil Services Examination every year. UPSC conducted IAS Mains GS Paper 1 exam on 5th December 2016.
The main aim of this article is to analyse IAS Mains GS Paper 1 examination. We will also go through all the questions asked in IAS Mains GS Paper 1 2016.
IAS Mains GS Paper 1 Question Paper
UPSC conducted IAS Mains GS paper 1 on 5th December. Candidate had to answer 20 questions, each in about 200 words. Each question carried 12.5 marks, making Overall exam of 250 marks. Let us go through question paper in detail:
IAS Mains GS Paper 1 Question Paper
- Early Buddhist Stupa-art, while depicting folk motifs and narratives, successfully expounds Buddhist ideals. Elucidate.
- Krishnadeva Raya, the king of Vijayanagar, was not only an accomplished scholar himself but was a also a great patron of learning and literature. Discuss.
- Explain how the upraising of 1857 constitutes an important watershed in the evolution of British policies towards colonial India.
- Discuss the role of women in the freedom struggle especially during the Gandhian phase.
- Highlight the differences in the approach of Subhash Chandra Bose and Mahatma Gandhi in the struggle for freedom.
- Has the formation of linguistic states strengthened the cause of Indian unity?
- The anti-colonial struggles in West Africa were led by the new elite of Western -educated Africans. Examine.
- To what extent globalisation has influenced the core of cultural diversity in India? Explain.
- “An essential condition to eradicate poverty is to liberate the poor from the process of deprivation.” Substantiate this statement with suitable examples.
- Why are the tribals in India referred to as ‘the Scheduled Tribes’? Indicate the major provisions enshrined in the Constitution of India for their upliftment.
- With a brief background of quality of urban life in India, introduce the objectives and strategy of the ‘Smart City Programme.”
- What is the basis of regionalism? Is it that unequal distribution of benefits of development on regional basis eventually promotes regionalism? Substantiate your answer.
- Discuss the concept of air mass and explain its role in macro-climatic changes.
- “The Himalayas are highly prone to landslides.”Discuss the causes and suggest suitable measures of mitigation.
- The effective management of land and water resources will drastically reduce the human miseries. Explain.
- South China Sea has assumed great geopolitical significance in the present context. Comment.
- Major cities of India are becoming vulnerable to flood conditions. Discuss.
- Present an account of the Indus Water Treaty and examine its ecological, economic and political implications in the context of changing bilateral relations.
- Enumerate the problems and prospects of inland water transport in India.
- In what way micro-watershed development projects help in water conservation in drought-prone and semi-arid regions of India?
After going through the whole IAS Mains GS Paper 1, let us now quickly shift our article to IAS Mains GS Paper 1 analysis.
IAS Mains GS Paper 1 Analysis
Over here, we will try to formulate IAS Mains GS paper 1 analysis in the form of important pointers. Let us do a quick analysis of the paper:
- IAS Mains General Studies paper 1 covered topics like globalisation, Indian history, Smart City Programme, South China Sea, Indus Water Treaty etc.
- Internal breakup of marks was given for 4 questions. E.g. 3.5 + 9 = 12.5 marks in Question no. 12.
Overall we conclude that UPSC IAS General Studies Paper 1 (5th December 2016) questions’ difficulty level was in between easy to moderate range.
We hope this article on UPSC IAS Mains GS Paper 1 Analysis for 5th December helps you understand the paper better. Here we sum up UPSC IAS Mains General Studies Paper 1 Analysis. Stay connected for more information regarding UPSC Civil Services Exam Recruitment 2016. To excel in Civil Services Examination, download the Best IAS Exam Preparation App for free.