UPSC IAS Prelims 2017 Online Registration Open: The Union Public Service Commission has finally published an official notification for beginning the application process for IAS Prelims 2017. The recruitment notification invites candidates to apply in Indian Civil Services under various departments (IFS, IRS etc.) for 980 Posts.
UPSC IAS Prelims 2017- How to Apply
The application fee set for IAS Prelims is Rs. 100/- for General Candidates. For SC/ ST/ Female/ Physically Handicapped Candidates, the application fee has been exempted.
Candidates can pay application fee online through SBI net banking or by cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card. To pay fee in cash, candidate should take printout of challan generated online after completion of registration.
How to Apply for IAS Prelims 2017
- Online submission of application can only be made at website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- The filling of online application contains two parts.
- In Part I registration, candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, candidate will be prompted to check the details and make correction, if any, in the application.
- Part-II Registration consists of following Stages:
- Filling up Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates)
- Selection of examination centre
- Uploading of Photograph and Signature
- Agreeing to declaration.
- Registration of Part-I & Part-II will be treated as valid from 12-00 noon of 22-02-2017 to 18-00 hrs of 17-03-2017 and applicants making force entry outside the above timings will be treated as invaild.
- When “I agree” button is pressed, a page with Registration No. will be generated. Please note down registration number or take a print out of the page.
- The application is incomplete without payment , selection of centre, uploading of scanned photograph & signature and agreed for declaration.
- Scanned photograph should be in JPG format. The digital size of file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 3 kb and resolution 140 pixel height by 110 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Then upload your scanned signature in JPG format. The digital size of each file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 1 kb and resolution 110 pixel height by 140 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Candidates can pay application fee online through SBI net banking or by cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card.
- To pay fee in cash, candidate should take printout of challan generated online after completion of registration. Candidate may go to nearest SBI branch for depositing fee after 24 hours of generation of challan. “Pay by cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 16-03-2017 i.e. one day before the closing date. however, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-slip before it is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. (Those who want to pay online through SBI portal can go directly during submission of online form.)
On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email will be sent on your registered email-id. In case email is not received by you please check / ensure that submission of Part-II of the Application has been made by you.
Stay connected for more descriptive blogs and articles on Exam Pattern, Syllabus and How to Prepare for IAS Prelims. Let us know your doubts and queries in the comments section below.