New India Assurance provides many opportunities for young graduates as well as experienced professionals for accelerated career growth. Discover all the opportunities below to join the largest bank of the country and work in an exciting, motivating, meritocratic and truly collaborative environment.
Who can apply for NIACL exam?
- A candidate must possess the minimum qualification of Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- The candidate should have passed in English as one of the subjects at SSC/ HSC/ Intermediate/ Graduation level. Candidate should possess certificate in proof of passing the qualifying examination as on 30.06.2016.
- Knowledge of Regional Language of the State of Recruitment is essential. Proficiency in the Regional Language of the State/UT (Candidates should know to read, write and speak the Regional Language of the State/UT) for whose vacancies a candidate wishes to apply, is essential. (To ascertain the candidate's familiarity with the Regional Language of the State/UT, a language test will be conducted before finalselection. Candidates not found to be proficient in the Regional language would be disqualified.)
Minimum Age: 18 years; Maximum Age: 30 years (as on. the given date on notification).
Online Procedure to apply for NIACL Exam
- Go to official link - http://www.newindia.co.in/recruit_noice4.aspx and register yourself.
- Go through the instructions for applying the application form.
- Register with valid email address and enter a valid password as your credentials.
- Fill academic and personal details and also select paper Upload photo and signature in required format. (refer notification)
- After registration, candidates are required to pay the requisite application fee through online mode by using Debit Card/ Credit Card/Internet Banking.
- After final submission, take a print-out application form for further usage.
How to Give Insurance Exam Online?
We, at OnlineTyari, are highly committed to offer you the real simulation of actual exam. For this, we have launched Brand New Mock Test Platfom. This platform is applicable to every mock tests you purchase from OnlineTyari (app and website). To understand the machinery of online computer based tests with some important Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and try free mock tests, click on How to give Online Exam of New India Insurance Exam.
Selection Procedure of NIACL Assistant
The examination will be held in two phases - Preliminary and Main. Candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination will be required to appear for mains examination. There is NO Interview for NIACL Assistant. Prelims stage is only qualifying in nature. It does not play a role in final selection. The final selection depends on marks achieved in mains and further rounds.
Syllabus of NIACL Assistant exam
- Data Interpretation (Tables, Pie Charts, Bar Graphs, Line Graphs and Case lets).
- Probability/ Series.
- Time & work
- Profit and Loss
- Mixture and Alligation
- Volume, Surface area, and Height & distances
- Permutation & combination
- Simple & compound interest
- Number System
- Simplification and Surds & Indices
- Pipes & Cisterns
- Time & Distances
- Trains Boats & streams
- Permutations & Combinations
- Seating Arrangement – Circular table and Line (North & South)
- Blood Relation
- Inequality or Decision Making
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning
- Input Output
- Number series
- Statement and Argument
- Passage and conclusion
- Coding and decoding
- Order and ranking
- Making judgments
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Para Jumble
- Spotting Error
- Double Fillers
- Knowledge of current events Sports
- History, geography, culture
- Indian constitution
- News about technology and research
- News on India and its neighboring countries
- News related to Reserve Bank of India.
- Banking Awareness. Financial Awareness (Union Budget/ Railway Budget). Economics news.
- Computer hardware & Software
- Operating System concepts
- Shortcut keys
- Ms word, excel Ms power point, access
- Internet & networks Basic security concepts
- Latest technologies Basic of Computer
- Generation of Computer
- Important Abbreviations
Job Profile Description of Assistant
3 Departments and Jobs
- Underwriting: Mainly in Branches and Divisional Offices. Officers are given the authority to accept proposals of course with financial limits which also includes signing and issuing policy.
- Claims: Officers process and settle the claims and look after all the legal and non legal aspects of the claims
- Accounts: Officers are responsible for payments, receipts accuracy of the accounting transactions , preparing the balance sheets depending on the level of office.
Any assistants or Officers will be mainly in the above three departments , there are various other specialised departments also. An officer or assistant may be involved in any or all of these department according to the needs of the office.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for NIACL Exam
All those who are preparing for Insurance jobs are in a sense of excitement after the release of NIACL Assistant 2017 advertisement. While the online registration links to apply for 984 vacancies are now open, many of you might find the eligibility conditions confusing to decide whether you are eligible or not. To help you better understand the conditions for NIACL Assistant recruitment, we have compiled a list of some of your frequently asked doubts. Here, we have answered them in a very simple manner so most of you will understand it clearly.
Is the exam Bilingual?
The tests except the Test of English Language in Mains exam all others will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
What is the application Fee?
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges [Payable from 06.03.2017 to 29.03.2017 (both dates inclusive)] shall be as follows –
- Rs. 50/- for SC/ST/PWD/FEMALE candidates.
- Rs. 500 /- for all others
Is the exam Bilingual?
The tests will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi except the Test of English Language, all others.
What is the cut-off for being recruited?
There is no fixed cut-off. It depends on the performance of the candidates. Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Mains Examination and also a minimum total score to be considered for further process.
Is there a criterion for negative marking?
There is negative marking of ¼ marks for every wrong answer.
I am in the final year of graduation. Am I eligible for this exam?
Yes you are. But your eligibility is subject to the condition that if called for interview, you will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 01.07.2017.
I have scored 59.5% marks in graduation. Am I eligible for NIACL Assistant Exam?
As per the official notification, there is no such mention of any percentage requirement. You just need to fill out the percentage obtained in graduation nearest two decimals in the online application. In case your college/university awards CGPA/ OGPA, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application. If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
How many times can I appear for this exam?
Students have no limit on number of attempts for this exam.
I completed my degree through distance education. Am I eligible?
Yes. Candidates who have completed graduation through correspondence/ part –time/ open university /distance education may also apply.