Bookmark Bookmark

Daily News Digest:19 September 2021

FINANCE MINISTER ANNOUNCES RS 30, 600 GOVERNMENT GUARANTEE FOR ‘BAD BANK’

The Union Cabinet approved a Rs 30,600 crore government guarantee for the National Asset Reconstruction Company (NARCL), thus paving the way for the operationalisation of a bad bank. One of the key ideas for building bad banks is to de-stress the balance sheets of the banks. The bad bank or NARCL will pay up to 15% of the cash loan amount and the remaining 85% will be government-guaranteed receipts.

MeghEA INITIATIVE BY MINISTRY OF ELECTRONICS & IT

Meghalaya Enterprise Architecture Project (MeghEA) was launched under the Ministry of Electronics & IT by IT Minister Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw and CM Meghalaya Shri Conrad Sangma. The project aims to improve service delivery and governance for the people using the power of digital technologies.

3RD EDITION OF E-AUCTION OF PRESTIGIOUS GIFTS PRESENTED TO PM MODI

The 3rd edition of the e-auction of prestigious and memorable gifts presented to Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi is being conducted from 17th September to 7th October 2021.

SOLVED MYSTERY OF BLACK TIGERS OF SIMILIPAL TIGER RESERVE

A team of scientists from the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore has solved the genetic mystery of Similipal’s so-called black tigers. Tigers have a dark stripe pattern on a light background of white or golden. It is known as pseudo-melanism.

Pseudo-melanistic ones have been camera-trapped repeatedly, and only, in Simlipal, a 2,750-km tiger reserve in Odisha, since 2007.

JIGYASA TO BE EXTENDED TO COVER OVER 700 DISTRICTS OF INDIA

“JIGYASA” is a student-scientist connect programme of the Ministry of Science & Technology. Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh announced that this programme will be extended to cover schools in over 700 districts of India within 1 year. It is jointly executed with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan is currently operational in 170 districts of the country.

The aim of the programme is to connect school students and scientists as well as to extend student’s classroom learning to a very well-planned research laboratory-based learning.

You might be interested:

JIGYASA TO BE EXTENDED TO COVER OVER 700 DISTRICTS OF INDIA

JIGYASA TO BE EXTENDED TO COVER OVER 700 DISTRICTS OF INDIA Context: “JIGYASA” is a student-scientist connect programme of the Ministry of Science & Technology. Union Minister Dr Jiten ...

4 weeks ago

SOLVED MYSTERY OF BLACK TIGERS OF SIMILIPAL TIGER RESERVE

SOLVED MYSTERY OF BLACK TIGERS OF SIMILIPAL TIGER RESERVE Context: A team of scientists from the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore has solved the genetic mystery of Similipal&r ...

4 weeks ago

3RD EDITION OF E-AUCTION OF PRESTIGIOUS GIFTS PRESENTED TO PM MODI

3RD EDITION OF E-AUCTION OF PRESTIGIOUS GIFTS PRESENTED TO PM MODI Context: The 3rd edition of the e-auction of prestigious and memorable gifts presented to Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi ...

4 weeks ago

MeghEA INITIATIVE BY MINISTRY OF ELECTRONICS & IT

MeghEA INITIATIVE BY MINISTRY OF ELECTRONICS & IT Context: Meghalaya Enterprise Architecture Project (MeghEA) was launched under the Ministry of Electronics & IT by IT Minister Shri Ashwini Va ...

4 weeks ago

FINANCE MINISTER ANNOUNCES RS 30, 600 GOVERNMENT GUARANTEE FOR ‘BAD BANK’

FINANCE MINISTER ANNOUNCES RS 30, 600 GOVERNMENT GUARANTEE FOR ‘BAD BANK’ Context: The Union Cabinet approved a Rs 30,600 crore government guarantee for the National Asset Reconstruction C ...

4 weeks ago

Daily News Digest:18 September 2021

KAUSHALACHARYA AWARDS 2021Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Education Minister and Skill Development Minister virtually presented Kaushalacharya Awards 2021 to 41 skill trainers for their exemplary contributi ...

4 weeks ago

Provide your feedback on this article: