Bookmark Bookmark

NEW SCHEME TO MAKE INDIA AATMANIRBHAR IN AGARBATTI PRODUCTION

NEW SCHEME TO MAKE INDIA AATMANIRBHAR IN AGARBATTI PRODUCTION

Context

A new unique employment generation program proposed by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) to make India Aatmanirbhar in Agarbatti production.

Details about the Scheme

  • It aims to create employment for unemployed and migrant workers in different parts of the country while increasing domestic Agarbatti production substantially.
  • It is named as “Khadi Agarbatti Aatmanirbhar Mission ''.
  • Under this scheme, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) will provide Automatic Agarbatti making machines and powder mixing machines to the artisans which are locally made machines through PPP mode.
  • It aims to encourage local production.
  • Khadi and Village Industries Commission to provide 25% subsidy on the cost of the machines and it will recover the remaining 75% of the cost from the artisans in easy installments every month.

About Khadi and Village Industries Commission

  • It is a statutory body under the Act of Parliament, 'Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act of 1956'.
  • It is an apex organisation under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises,
  • It aims to ‘plan, promote, facilitate, organise and assist in the establishment and development of khadi and village industries in the rural areas in coordination with other agencies engaged in rural development wherever necessary’

You might be interested:

WORLD SANSKRIT DAY 2020

WORLD SANSKRIT DAY 2020 Context Every year, World Sanskrit Day is celebrated on Raksha Bandhan. Details World Sanskrit Day or  Sanskrit Diwas is celebrated on the Poornima of the Shravana mont ...

2 months ago

SKOCH GOLD AWARD FOR MINISTRY OF TRIBAL AFFAIRS

SKOCH GOLD AWARD FOR MINISTRY OF TRIBAL AFFAIRS Context Recently, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) has received SKOCH Gold Award for its “Empowerment of Tribals through IT enabled Scholar ...

2 months ago

SIMPLE ECONOMICAL NONSURGICAL PREVENTION OF CATARACT INST DEVELOPED BY SCIENTISTS

SIMPLE ECONOMICAL NONSURGICAL PREVENTION OF CATARACT INST DEVELOPED BY SCIENTISTS Context Institute of Nano Science & Technology has developed nanorods from the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory dru ...

2 months ago

ENGINES FOR WORLD’S FASTEST PASSENGER AIRCRAFT TO BE BUILT BY ROLLS-ROYCE

ENGINES FOR WORLD’S FASTEST PASSENGER AIRCRAFT TO BE BUILT BY ROLLS-ROYCE Context Rolls-Royce will build engines for World’s fastest aircraft-Overture. Details It is working with Boom ...

2 months ago

One Liners of the Day, 03 August 2020

Defence New Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Western Air Command, Indian Air Force - Air Marshal VR Chaudhari. International Winner of the Gussies Electric Boat Award for low-expense electric ...

2 months ago

Daily News Digest:02 August 2020

GULF WORLD’S FIRST EVER NUCLEAR REACTOR Gulf world’s first ever nuclear reactor starts its operation. UAE starts its first-ever nuclear reactor “Barakah” at Abu Dhabi on the Gulf c ...

2 months ago

Provide your feedback on this article: