Bookmark Bookmark

PUBLIC WELFARE PROJECTS UNDER VATAN PREM YOJANA ANNOUNCED

PUBLIC WELFARE PROJECTS UNDER VATAN PREM YOJANA ANNOUNCED

Context:

On September 4, 2021, in a meeting, the Government of Gujarat announced that it plans on undertaking public welfare projects worth Rs. 1,000 crores jointly with non-resident Gujaratis by December 2022. The projects will be under the state government’s ‘Vatan Prem Yojana’.

About the Meeting:

  • Chief Minister Vijay Rupani chaired the first meeting of the ‘Vatan Prem Yojana’ governing body and expressed the intention of undertaking various public welfare works with Rs. 1,000 crores jointly by the non-resident Gujaratis donors and the Gujarat State Government on 60:40 ratio by December 2022.

What will Happen under Vatan Prem Yojana?

  • Under this program, Gujaratis living anywhere in India and abroad will be able to pick up projects, villages, and agencies of their choice by donating 60%, while the state government will donate the remaining 40%.
  • Donors will be able to contribute to the creation of smart classrooms, classrooms, primary health centres, community halls, mid-day dining rooms, Anganwadi, libraries, warehouses, gyms, rehydration systems, a system for surveillance of CCTV cameras, decorating pools, sewage treatment plants, water tanks, solar street lights, bus stands, tube well as part of the program.
  • Priority will be given to the construction of classrooms in local government schools.

Vatan prem Yojana:

  • It is a repackaged version of the Madar-e-Vatan scheme by the Gujarat government. Under this scheme earlier, the contribution of the state government and NRIs was 50:50. Now, it has been changed to 60:40.

You might be interested:

ARMY SEIZED POWER IN GUINEA

ARMY SEIZED POWER IN GUINEA Context: Guinean special forces seized power in a coup, arresting the president and imposing an indefinite curfew in Guinea. According to an officer, Guinea's land and air ...

11 months ago

4TH EDITION OF AUSINDEX HAS BEGUN

4TH EDITION OF AUSINDEX HAS BEGUN Context: The 4th edition of AUSINDEX, a bilateral naval exercise between the Indian Navy and the Royal Australian Navy has begun. Naval exercise ‘AUSINDEX&rsquo ...

11 months ago

WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION - SOUTH-EAST ASIA REGIONAL OFFICE (WHO-SEARO)

WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION - SOUTH-EAST ASIA REGIONAL OFFICE (WHO-SEARO) Context: On 07 September 2021, Dr Bharati Pravin Pawar, Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare represented India ...

11 months ago

JAMMU HAS GOT X-BAND DOPPLER WEATHER RADAR

JAMMU HAS GOT X-BAND DOPPLER WEATHER RADAR Context: According to the Indian Meteorological Department, an X-band doppler weather radar has been installed here to provide advanced weather services to t ...

11 months ago

4TH ROUND OF THE ‘INDO-DANISH JOINT COMMISSION MEETING (JCM)’

4TH ROUND OF THE ‘INDO-DANISH JOINT COMMISSION MEETING (JCM)’ Context: The Minister of Foreign Affairs (EAM), S. Jaishankar, has co-chaired the joint session of the 4th round of the &lsquo ...

11 months ago

SRI LANKAN ECONOMIC CRISIS- EXPLAINED

SRI LANKAN ECONOMIC CRISIS- EXPLAINED Context: Recently, the President of Sri Lanka Gotabaya Rajapaksa had declared an economic emergency, due to rapidly depleting forex reserves, depreciating currenc ...

11 months ago

Provide your feedback on this article: